Looping Question

Grem

This is a question on how CbB handles loops dragged into a project from the Browser.

I dragged a one bar loop into a project. The project tempo was the same as the loop. I Ctrl+L to turn it into a Groove Clip, and CbB automatically stretched it to 2 bars. When I played the Groove Loop it played back at half speed and very glitchy.

My project was 24/96 and I thought maybe the sample rate had something to do with it. So I tried a new project at 24/48 and got the same results.

So I looked at clip properties and it was saying the clip was 8 beats. Since it was only one measure, I wondered why CbB was seeing 8 beats. 

So I switched the original loop to 4 beats (in Clip Properties) and then it worked as expected. 

This never happened to me before so I am asking others more familiar with Groove Clips to help explain this behavior.

Yes it was an easy fix. I was surprised it never happened to me before! I make loops all the time!! I just always take it for granted that when I press Ctrl+L it's gonna work!!

Learn something new.