Moving Multisample Folder issue Dim Pro?

Pathfinder

So I moved the Dim Pro MS folder to my sample disk. Changed the path in regedit. path is CORRECT. Still I get the SFZ not found on everything. iirc their is something else I had to do but it's been so long I don't remember what it is. I did re initialize Dim pro. What did I forget?

Thankls

This is one reason I prefer using directory junctions.

When editing the "Multisamples Folder" in 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp

make sure to point this to the folder above the multisamples folder.

For example, the default install path for the DP multisamples folder is

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples

so, the "Multisamples Folder" registry entry defaults to

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

• Thanks 1

It's not too late to use a directory junction.

Restore the default "Multisamples Folder" entry in the registry noted above then run a command shell as administrator to create the directory junction:

mklink /j "c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" theRealMultisamplesFolderName

• Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, scook said:

It's not too late to use a directory junction.

Restore the default "Multisamples Folder" entry in the registry noted above then run a command shell as administrator to create the directory junction:

mklink /j "c:\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" theRealMultisamplesFolderName

Too late. Wish I had checked back sooner. I uninstalled Dim Pro and reinstalled it using CCC so all would be default.

I "moved" the Multisample folder to E:\, my sample disk using Win explorer.

I notice you are not including the Program Files folder?

So now is either one of these correct? 

mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" "E:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples"

mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" "E:\Multisamples"

Edited by Pathfinder

7 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I notice you are not including the Program Files folder?

My mistake...fixed

The theRealMultisamplesFolderName in

mklink /j "c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" theRealMultisamplesFolderName

should be the complete path to the multisamples folder on the sample drive.

It does not have to mirror the original drive location; it can be anywhere and be named anything just so long as clicking on the junction opens the correct physical location.

• Thanks 1

It depends on where the multisamples folder is physically located.

Is it 

"E:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples"

or

"E:\Multisamples"

All the directory junction does is tell the OS where the real physical location of the folder is located.

• Thanks 1

Just now, scook said:

So is the multisamples folder just off the root in "E:\Multisamples" or did you create a series nested folders "E:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples"

No just on e and seems all is well. Of cousre, I need to go to CWE and try it but I am confident (yeah right)

3 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I moved it to E sdo it's my 2nd example above. I don't know why this mixes me up? 

Success-Command prompt says junction created etc, etc. Thanks again. Send me a bill

I'll keep the tab open.

Good luck

• Thanks 1