Why cant I move my audio to the left?

Ian Paul Hickox

Not sure if it’s related but just last night I was creating a tempo map and after I had this created I dragged the whole project to the right so the drum transient lined up with the grid lines. I then used drum replacer on the kick, dragged that to Midi and saw I had dragged to far to the right. I could not drag the project back to the left? I had to disable the regional effect and then it was fine. So just thinking you might have a regional effect active. Also if there’s automation this happens 

So let's pretend for the sake of conversation that I picked up cakewalk like 2 weeks ago and have had no prior experience with DAWs. Like, purely for the sake of conversation that is.

How would I check to see if that one spot has a regional effect on it. Or check if I turned on automation. Also I appreciate how quickly the community started getting back to me. Thats really cool 

Region effects are per-clip. If a clip has a region FX enabled there would be an RFX graphic in the top right corner of the clip.

By default, ghost data is enabled. If there is track or clip automation, the envelopes are slightly visible and in the case of track automation the track automation lanes button is illuminated.