guitar and Behringer UMC22

andrew77

Anyone know link to good tutorial link for guitar to Cakewalk with Behringer UMC22.

Can get guitar to work in mic line 1  but not in inst 2.   Can't quite work it out from the 10 mins plus vids on youtube.  

Pictures in German manual show guitar going into inst 2.

But have followed vids online and only get mic line to work.

thanks

I hate to break this to you but that interfere doesn't have a proper ASIO driver, it uses ASIO4ALL which is known not to work properly in CW.

Having said that, why not just use it the way you have found it to work?

But be forewarned: for best results, you must use ASIO if you are recording multiple tracks or you will eventually run into latency and sync issues.

Edited by bdickens

1 hour ago, andrew77 said:

Anyone know link to good tutorial link for guitar to Cakewalk with Behringer UMC22.

Can get guitar to work in mic line 1  but not in inst 2.   Can't quite work it out from the 10 mins plus vids on youtube.  

Pictures in German manual show guitar going into inst 2.

But have followed vids online and only get mic line to work.

thanks

You need to change the input by D in the picture to INPUT 2 for guitar whereas Input 1 is for Microphones. 

Asio4All is good enough when you have an audio Interface. 

1521735242_images(5).jpeg.a1c9bdbae007581fb7ee23bf3299353e.jpeg

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2021 at 8:57 AM, Morten Saether said:

Incompatible ASIO driver detection
Cakewalk will now detect use of known incompatible ASIO drivers and warn the user to switch to a different native ASIO driver or WASAPI Shared mode for a better experience. This is in response to many reports in the field of such drivers causing problems in Cakewalk. ASIO4All variants are currently flagged as being incompatible. Note: Users may still use these drivers but Cakewalk will not use them by default.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/33601-closed-cakewalk-202109-early-access-updated-to-build-137/&tab=comments#comment-273339

Emphasis mine

*Cakewalk* is telling you it's a bad idea, hence the warning message posted above.

ASIO4ALL is a wrapper for WDM, and was intended for DAWs that don't have good support for native windows driver models. Cakewalk has great support for windows driver models, especially WASAPI. It's best to use that rather than a 3rd party app that wraps WDM in another layer.

Mine is set to Wasapi shared. I tried the asio one again and the warning message came up so have left on WASApi.

Lots of other users struggled with Inst 2   This from Amazon reviewer has made my Inst 2 work now

My windows sound settings was for 1 channel only.

'on Windows 10. 1. Click the Window icon bottom left of screen and in address line type control panel. 2. Select Hardware and Sound. 3.Select Sound. 4. From tabs at top select recording. 5. Right click on the USB audio Codec from the list. 6. Select Properties. 7. From tabs at top select Advanced. 8. From drop dwn menu select 2 channel 16 bit, 48000hz (Dvd quality). Click OK.'

23 minutes ago, bdickens said:

Yeah. You tell 'em. Screw what the Bakers say. What do they know anyway?

When Asio4All runs with an Interface it has no known issues than what it does without one inside of Cakewalk. 

Enjoy your day. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo