Audio clip waveform doesn't show up unless I zoom in

Nicolas Santana

Question

I don't know if this was asked already, but I'm new on cakewalk so here we go.

I want to be able to see the audio waveforms in the tracks regardless of zoom, but they only show up if I zoom a certain amount. I tried rebuilding the audio clip images, checked picture cache size, bounced the audio to clip but nothing worked.

Captura de Tela (59).png

9 answers to this question

Hi Nicolas and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

You can enlarge the waveform by hovering your mouse over the scale outlined in red below.  Once you see the cursor change from an arrow to a double arrow with a waveform icon in the middle, you can click and drag the mouse up to expand the scale.  Do so until you see the waveform in the Clips view in the size you desire.

image.thumb.png.8db2081a9fc32f4340518650a7563f20.png

Kind regards,

tecknot

Edited by tecknot

Actually what does the meter show for peak level on playback of that track?  It looks like it is recorded at too low a level. Peak level should be more like - 18 db to - 06 db. You can fix this using the Normalize 

I cover that in this tutorial 

Edited by John Vere
Add link

20 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi Nicolas and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

You can enlarge the waveform by hovering your mouse over the scale outlined in red below.  Once you see the cursor change from an arrow to a double arrow with a waveform icon in the middle, you can click and drag the mouse up to expand the scale.  Do so until you see the waveform in the Clips view in the size you desire.

image.thumb.png.8db2081a9fc32f4340518650a7563f20.png

Kind regards,

tecknot

I tried this but that doesn't fix the issue

19 hours ago, John Vere said:

Actually what does the meter show for peak level on playback of that track?  It looks like it is recorded at too low a level. Peak level should be more like - 18 db to - 06 db. You can fix this using the Normalize 

I cover that in this tutorial 

I tried normalize but also doesn't change it