Anyone Using Matrix View Without Notes Stuck?

Hi,

Is anyone here successfully using the Cakewalk Matrix view and switching between MIDI clips, without getting MIDI notes stuck?
- if so, did you need to do anything special to avoid the stuck notes problem?

- and one for Cakewalk: is the stuck notes issue being looked at?
(it's very easy to reproduce - in fact it seems pretty much impossible to switch clips in the matrix view without stuck notes)

Edited by Jeremy Murray-Wakefield

@Noel Borthwick has the Matrix stuck notes issue been formally logged as a bug?

The Matrix demonstrably doesn't send matching note-offs when stopped mid-note with the "!" button or by switching cells. It only survives basic use when synced with the transport because the transport blasts all-notes-off to VSTs under stop. External MIDI gear is left with hanging notes under all circumstances.

I am assuming that this is a regression, because The Matrix wouldn't have survived even basic smoke testing in the state that it is in at present.

If this issue is not currently logged, do you need me to do anything, or write a post (where?) in a particular format in order to get this properly logged?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy.

Sure, I'll do that - and also post a video.

Weirdly, when attempting to do this, I got it into state where it repeatedly worked OK (first time ever!) - which is great news, as it means I can debug it a bit, and provide some steps to show both how to make it work and how to make it fail, which will help narrow down the cause.

I will post it in a couple of days.

Best rgds,

Jeremy.

This one isn't driver-related though; the video clearly shows that on Stop, Cakewalk itself fails to send the Note Off to external devices.
(actually, that isn't strictly true - it does send a matching note-off, just one minute, thirty-seven seconds later!)

This happens regardless of which MIDI output device/driver is in use, in both MME and UWP driver modes.
(it even happens if you set the output to Window's own built-in Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth)

Edited by Jeremy Murray-Wakefield
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...