Freeze/Export has a lot of glitches, regular playback does not [SOLVED]

Strange problem that started occurring recently. Not exactly sure when, sometime in the last 5-6 months. I went to do final exports of these old fairly large projects 40-80 tracks. Not much automation. Mostly audio tracks and 5-10 fairly beefy synths like omnisphere.

Anyways my problem is, I freeze a synth and it comes out all glitched like if its supposed to be a 16th note arpeggio I get glitchy sounding eighth notes. Some audio tracks like guitars with amp sims randomly render as silence when frozen. I was fooling around with it and it seems like if I disable random plugs in the fx bins I can get it to render better but none of it comes out 100% as heard during normal playback.

However regular playback without freezing plays perfectly fine. Also if I do a song export and choose live rendering it works perfectly fine. However I get seemingly random glitches if I export with the regular rendering not the live rendering.

Any idea what might be doing this? I am getting by using the live rendering and I have a fairly beefy computer Ryzen 5950x / 32gb ddr4 / 2tb nvme so it hasn't been killing me doing the live rendering but I would like to have quicker renders for the songs and doing the non-live render goes much quicker.

About Omnisphere glitches only: "Anyways my problem is, I freeze a synth and it comes out all glitched like if its supposed to be a 16th note arpeggio I get glitchy sounding eighth notes"

I have this issue when using the arpeggiator AND tempo changes on the track. If the tempo is steady, is not a problem. I wonder if this is something that happens to you only when rendering the audio, or on playback as well? 

Another clue: check that you are using the correct buffer size. In heavy projects it makes a huge difference in the audio output. If it is too short, you get a lot of audio problems. Omnisphere is RAM hungry, as Amp Sims are too!

Edited by Andres Medina

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 4:00 PM, Andres Medina said:

About Omnisphere glitches only: "Anyways my problem is, I freeze a synth and it comes out all glitched like if its supposed to be a 16th note arpeggio I get glitchy sounding eighth notes"

I have this issue when using the arpeggiator AND tempo changes on the track. If the tempo is steady, is not a problem. I wonder if this is something that happens to you only when rendering the audio, or on playback as well? 

Another clue: check that you are using the correct buffer size. In heavy projects it makes a huge difference in the audio output. If it is too short, you get a lot of audio problems. Omnisphere is RAM hungry, as Amp Sims are too!

It happens when freezing only. It happens on songs with and without tempo changes. I have plenty of RAM for the project 32GB. Ryzen 5950x cpu so that should not be an issue either... Hopefully lol...

• 2 weeks later...
  • msmcleod changed the title to Freeze/Export has a lot of glitches, regular playback does not [SOLVED]