Stop creating AUDIO EXPORT directory

MikeEagle

Question

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, MikeEagle said:

Can you tell me how to stop creating <AUDIO EXPORT> directory automatically in my midi directory every time I double click a midi file to play it with cakewalk?

This does not happen on my system when I open a midi file to play it with cakewalk.

The only change I have made is that I have set a specific folder location for exports in Preferences | File | Folder Locations > Export Audio Files.

20 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Are you sure all you're doing is double clicking the MIDI file and playing? AFAIK the audio export directory is only created when the Audio Export dialog is opened.

Actually, I just opened a CWP file , and this indeed created an "Audio Export" folder in the folder where the CWP resides.  This was from within cakewalk - double clicking in the CWP file does the same thing.

This folder was created as soon as I opened the file.  I did not even open up the export dialogue box. 

This folder was not removed after I Closed cakewalk (I did not do a save)

FWIW, I have set a specific folder location for exports in Preferences | File | Folder Locations > Export Audio Files.

So it looks like there might be a little bug in there somewhere

Hi Promidi,

I suspect a bug as you suppose because this is a new behavior since some update (1 or 2).

I tried to specify a specific folder location for exports in Preferences | File | Folder Locations > Export Audio Files but the directory is create in the same directory where I double click the midi file to play.

Very annoying because I have to delete this empty directory every time I run a midi file.

Thanks everyone who try to help me to solve this problem.

I'll continue my research to solve this and let you know if I find something.