File-Export-Audio not working after 9/2021 update.

Matthew Marsolek

Question

Hello troubleshooters,

I just installed the 9/2021 update and the new File - Export - Audio menu worked only once for me. Now when I click it, Bandlab holds up and nothing happens. Pressing Esc a few times will get me back to the regular functioning program.
I can get a simple export dialog and a successful export when I click the "Export" button in the Control Bar (Export - Audio - wav for example), but the program will also hold up if I try to click the "Advanced" option in its drop down menu.
Has anyone else experienced this bug? Any suggestions for a fix?

I'm running windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz   4.00 GHz
32gb RAM

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Issues with the current release should be posted in the appropriate feedback thread.

The is a new early access version of 2021.09 available here 

The current production release feedback thread is here

That said, I have not experienced the issue with either version.

• Thanks 1

@Matthew Marsolek - It sounds like it's trying to position the dialog offscreen.

The last used size & position of the dialog is stored in the registry under this key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\Dialogs\File Export Dialog

If you delete the File Export Dialog key from Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\Dialogs\ , this will cause the dialog to go back to its defaults.

• Thanks 1