new dell realtek incompatible with asio driver mode

Robert Joslin

Question

Brand new dell XP15 9500 with Realtek  audio controller. When I try to go into asio driver mode it tells me Cakewalk is incompatible with the Realtek driver.

The cakewalk instructions are specific in that they say for my computer I should use asio mode. My apollo 8p  interface pops and crackle when I try to record with it no matter what mode I try.

Also is there any way to get support from Cakewalk/Sonar?

Oh yeah I was on the phone with Dell for 2 hours and they told me to see if Cakewalk could send me a driver that works with the realtek controller,,,big help!!

Edited by Robert Joslin
to be correct

7 answers to this question

WASAPI works ok if I record and playback with the computer mic and speakers but for the pro level recording I need to do it needs to work with my Apollo system which only shows up with all the inputs in the ASIO mode.

By the way thanks for the response. Do I have any options other than using a computer with a better sound card? 

You need to deal with setting up your Apollo interface. Why are you even bothering with one board audio when you own a proper ASIO interface? 
You say it pops and crackles. This can be easily rectified buy setting thing up properly.  

First. Go to the manufacturer web site and follow all instructions or videos on installing the drivers and using the device.  
Things that can cause crackles 

1. low buffer settings 

2. wrong USB ports, hub or cable. 

3. Computer is not optimized for audio and background apps are interrupting cpu. 
Run Latency Monitor to test. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1