Cakewalk 2021.09 Early Access Available

cclarry

On 8/28/2021 at 1:48 PM, marled said:

Edit: Those rendering problems seem to appear only with the "Radius ..." algorithms

I absolutely love the Radius algorithm and Mix is my preferred one amongst all for timestreching/pich changing. And I believe I was one of the first people who started asking for bringing it back to Cakewalk after the Gibson->Bandlab change :D. I understand the other Radius algos are more case specific but not necessarily for a drum type sound i.e. they are most likely going to change the length of audio between transient markers whereas for example the legacy percussion algo might want to try to preserve the length of the drum hit and just shift it around with the marker. For tambou I'd give Elastiqe a try and see if the results are of any better. Ultimately the Radius Mix is the most faithful for me as well no doubt and the most pleasing sounding as I noticed Elastiqe tends to be a little harsh sometimes.

Couple years ago I had some play with audiosnap and groove quantize and was quite pleased with the results. There was a function band demo song where bass track didn't go quite well along the drums so I gave it a go and extracted the groove from kick/snare track, or was it the overheads - don't remember. Anyway after applying the extracted groove onto bass track it started sounding definitely more tight and I didn't notice any oddities. Of course I did all the transient marker placements and corrections manually at first, sure I had plenty of time for it to begin with. If I had to do it on a daily basis and for living I definitely would be among the loudest crying users who ask for changes/fixing transient detection 😂.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1