Where does Cakewalk keep its settings?

Starship Krupa

Question

Having experienced a catastrophic failure of my Windows installation a couple of days ago, resulting in the need to hit the Windows Reset button, I'm in the process of rebuilding my system, salvaging what I can from before the incident.

It would be a great help if I knew where a default Cakewalk installation stored everything. I know that some of it is in AppData/Roaming, which I have access to, and some in the registry, which I can't do anything about. Most intriguing, there's a folder for Shared Presets that, if it contains all the presets I made, would be most helpful.

Where else can I look for Cakewalk's settings? In addition to trying to sift through the wreckage, I also want to include them in future backups.

Edited by Starship Krupa

2 answers to this question

There are many Cakewalk settings that exist in the registry also.

Part of my daily backup routine is a script that includes the backing up of these registry settings.

::Backup Cakewalk by Bandlab HKey Current User
regedit /e "{your backup folder}\CbB_core_CU.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core"

::Backup Cakewalk by Bandlab Hey Local Machine
regedit /e "{your backup folder}\CbB_core_LM.reg" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core"

There are also specific setting I backup also - like Colours, key bindings, recent file list, user paths, etc

• Like 1