Freeze synth - why is this happening?

paulo

On 6/21/2021 at 7:51 PM, David Baay said:

Based on your last update, and that the issue seems Kontakt-specific, this probably isn't applicable, but FWIW:

Time+ is a control in MIDI and Instrument tracks that allows you to offset the rendering of MIDI earlier or later by a specified number of ticks to tweak the timing.

I have previously reported that Freeze will fail to process events at the beginning of a track that has a negative Time+ offset is in place. I haven't checked to see if it was ever fixed. The workaround is to destructively apply the offset by zeroing the Time+ control and sliding the MIDI earlier by the same amount before freezing.

Thanks. I didn't even know that was a thing. I'll look into it.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:17 PM, rfssongs said:

What happens if you move the whole thing over a measure - then move it back after it's rendered. (Sorry if by chance  someone has already mentioned this possibility - I have not read through everything above)

Thanks for reply. I already tried moving the clip - that was covered in my update post.

UPDATE 2:

I tried inserting a new instance of the same Kontakt library, but with a different patch selected and copied the same midi into it, froze that and it worked as would be expected, so it looks like it might be related to that particular setting within the Kontakt synth which at least explains why I have used it so many times before without encountering this problem.

Which Kontakt library is it?

Also, I know that you probably already know this but it's worth checking out, Is the first midi note lined up properly with the grid line or after it, if it's even a bit before the grid line, then unpredictable results may occur. I have sometimes deleted the first note, if it's lined up right at the start and  I've had this problem and then drawn another in making sure snap is on or putting it a bit after. It seems sometimes DAW's can not read the first note properly if you overlapped the line, too far forward of the clip, when played or written in, and then moved it back.

Edited by Tezza

On 6/26/2021 at 5:07 AM, Tezza said:

Which Kontakt library is it?

Also, I know that you probably already know this but it's worth checking out, Is the first midi note lined up properly with the grid line or after it, if it's even a bit before the grid line, then unpredictable results may occur. I have sometimes deleted the first note, if it's lined up right at the start and  I've had this problem and then drawn another in making sure snap is on or putting it a bit after. It seems sometimes DAW's can not read the first note properly if you overlapped the line, too far forward of the clip, when played or written in, and then moved it back.

Electric Sunburst Deluxe and yes I am aware of all that.

Everything is where it "should" be and it plays fine in real time, even if I place the clip and therefore the first note at zero. Freeze it with the clip at zero and it's fine. Freeze it at measure 25 without the earlier duplicate and it misses off the first part of the note. Freeze it with the clip at zero and also at measure 25 and they both render correctly. 

It's a weird one for sure, but at least I figured out a workaround to freeze it and get the clip at 25 to sound the way I want it to.