Can I stop CbB from searching for deleted tracks?

Did you delete the tracks in Cakewalk? If you deleted them in the audio folder in Windows explorer then you've made a mess of it. If they are still in the recycle bin restore them and then delete them from within Cakewalk. 

Otherwise you can try doing a "save as" of the project. 

Did you try a search of your hard drive?  Type the missing file name into search. 

A save as should stop Cakewalk from looking for those files as it will create a new project and audio folder if you "save as" outside the old project folder. Make sure to check "copy audio" option first. 

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

Did you try a search of your hard drive?  Type the missing file name into search. 

A save as should stop Cakewalk from looking for those files as it will create a new project and audio folder if you "save as" outside the old project folder. Make sure to check "copy audio" option first. 

When I "save as" outside the existing folder "Copy all audio with project" is default detected, as always and it created an empty audio folder. I did a search after between a half hour and 45 minutes (went to pick up take out) it found 2 files. I clicked "ok" or whatever I was prompted to do and it didn't do anything. Still no audio tracks in the empty folder and no reason to expect one to magically show up in the actual audio folder.