Understanting DrumKit

Hello guys. I want a little help because i never had experience with virtual instruments.

So i did download the MT-power drumkit virtual instrument and i can play with it, BUT although i put it into my audio track FX section, i cannot record it. When i press ''record'', it records a silence. I tried to add it in FX of MIDI track, but nothing. What i have to do? Someone just to explain me where do i put this FX and how can i record my virtual playing.

Putting synths in an audio FX rack should be avoided unless the synth is designed to work on an audio stream such as a vocoder.

Only MFX plug-ins are permitted in MIDI FX racks.

Instead synths should be added using one of the insert synth options or dragging the plug-in from the plug-in browser and dropping in the empty space below the tracks.

Here is some info on using the Add Tracks menu http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Arranging.14.html

It includes a section on adding instruments.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scook said:

Thanks, scook.

Guys, one more question - not so similar but i don't want to open new thread again.

How can i disable one track from getting FX of its BUS?

I mean, i have 5 tracks into 1 bus, but i just don't want 1 specific track to get the same FX like others, just that. I want it to take all other sends (Mute, Solo etc), but not FX.

I tried bypass FX Racks choice for this specific track, but it doesn't work, it stills get the FX send from my bus.

If your track is routed to the bus then it will get the buss effects, there is no way around it.  What you can do is route that one track to a different bus and then route the output of your first bus to the second bus. This will allow you to control the volume of all the instruments but bypass the effects of the first bus.

• Like 1

As a rule a plug-in's UI is usually designed for audition purposes.

In some cases, they generate MIDI data but the plug-ins are after the track's input.

In all cases they generate audio which may be recorded as it occurs before the audio track (assuming the use of an audio+MIDI pair of tracks and not an instrument track).

Either way using the plug-in UI is an awkward way to record.

The virtual keyboard provided with the DAW, step recording or one of the editors are better choices.

Ultimately, a real keyboard controller or other input device are the best long term solutions.

There are some lengthy threads on this subject already on the forum like this one

• Like 1