Help Needed - How to Not Let Sonar Artist Adjust Volume?

Acosean AMME

I've been using Sonar Artist for a while and it has been serving me well. I'm been recording MIDI notes via my external syn Yamaha Motif Xf7. In the past, the software doesn't intervene/interfere with the volume setting of my syn. But I think I must have accidentally pressed or enabled something I ain't too sure about, that now forever whenever I playback the MIDI recorded track, my Syn's volume (of Channel 1)  is changed (by Sonar Artist). Thus everytime during playback I need to manually change Channel 1's volume back to the correct level. Anyway to disable Sonar Artist to change the volume control at my syn?

15 hours ago, Acosean AMME said:

I've been using Sonar Artist for a while

Cakewalk by BandLab has the feature set that SONAR Professional had, including aux tracks, patch points, and the ProChannel. It has further features that have been added in the past 3 years. It's still supported and in active development. Also, free of charge.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

John,  can I email my Cakewalk file privately and you see if you can help me delete this volume shape event? I really can't no matter what.

6 hours ago, John Vere said:

Shape events cannot be edited but can be deleted according to the documentation. But this is implied that you have drawn an automated volume envelope 

37 minutes ago, Acosean AMME said:

The new free downloadable Cakewalk - does it contain Events List? Cos I remember the entry levels of Sonar Home Studio can only display Piano Rolls but not Events List.

Yes, in the thread I gave you the link for, you'll see a full explanation. The core Cakewalk by BandLab program has all of the features of SONAR Platinum/Professional, only with fewer bundled plug-ins than Platinum had. Your bundled Artist plug-ins will work with Cakewalk by BandLab.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Yes, in the thread I gave you the link for, you'll see a full explanation. The core Cakewalk by BandLab program has all of the features of SONAR Platinum/Professional, only with fewer bundled plug-ins than Platinum had. Your bundled Artist plug-ins will work with Cakewalk by BandLab.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

So strange and frustrating! The following were the various permutations of what I did (and the outcomes):

1. I first deleted the volume envelope as you've illustrated. So indeed the first Event (Shape) was no longer there thereafter. But despite having saved it, the playback continues to meddle with my Part 1 Volume on my synth!

2. So what I did was to insert a fresh new MIDI track (I didn't even dare to Duplicate Track in case some hidden stuff were copied automatically and unknowingly); followed by copying and pasting the Events over to it. Then I deleted my original MIDI track. Thought problem solved, but no! Still moving my Part 1 Volume!

3. I then deleted the track playing my Channel 1/Part 1 sound (i.e. violin), leaving only other Parts/Channels of Piano and Cello there. But to my horror, even playing back these tracks (without the Violin on Channel 1/Part 1 at all) will also change the volume of my Part 1 Violin!

4. I then deleted ALL tracks (of course I backed-up it first). Then started recording the Part 1/Channel 1/Track 1 Violin again. ONLY THEN it doesn't meddle with my Volume Control! 

But of course nobody will want to RE-ARRANGE everything from scratch again! Any further advice?

Sometimes there are corrupt projects and very hard to know why. And the solution often is to just make a new one and copy the data over from the old to the new in hopes that the corruption is left behind. 
one thing you could have done with your song was save it as a midi file and Open it to start over. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...