Smashing Galaxy

Time machine - my first effort.

Hi all.  Some critique requested here please.  My first effort at a solo track.  "Time machine" - a simple, acoustic love song.  With a bit of science fiction.  Any comments welcome.  (I'm not used to singing lead, so vocals are not perfect!).

Cheers.

https://www.bandlab.com/smashing_galaxy/time-machine-060bfae9?revId=77f67042-a933-eb11-9fb4-501ac5b31de6

• Like 4

I wouldn't dare comment on a mix critically with cheap earbuds on, so I won't go there. I will say what I heard was very nice even on my mediocre buds.

The vocals and guitar have that nice down home feel to them. Nice blend is happening. The backup vox especially nice. I thought of the mix as down home refined. 

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast reply.  Very kind words.  I'm working on a remix, and straightening out a few minor timing issues.  The backup vox is just double-tracking; I've always been a fan of double-tracking!  (Listened to a LOT of The Beatles).

Cheers.

• Like 2

Really liked your song, very good lyrics and nice guitar playing.  Like your voice too.   You've got talent.

• Like 1

Cool.
Clever use of lyrics and your voice is really suited to this style of music.
Looking forward to hearing more of your compositions.
Well done.

we have a @Wookiee here ... didn't know you had him in the boot though!  🙂

• Like 1

@Smashing Galaxy Just a couple of points Wookiee's do not like enclosed spaces, and a cars boot is not going to stop him ripping his or her way out.

Nice easy on the furry ears tune, nicely captured and pleasantly sung. Touch of early Simon and Garfunkel.  I would be carful of those light speed soda streams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just played it for my wife and she said " he sounds like Bret from flight of the concords",  those guys write some very clever and funny songs, so  I hope you take it as a compliment. I think I enjoyed it more the second time.

• Like 1

Great song!  This type of music always makes me sentimental, like singing around a campfire.  This would be great at a wedding.  Can't wait to hear what comes next.

• Like 1

The mix sounds good to me as did the performance.  BTW, your vocals sounded great!  I loved the lyrics, subject and humour of the song.  Very clever indeed..

Excellent work!!!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, Wookiee said:

Touch of early Simon and Garfunkel. 

I definitely agree with Wookie on the above - that was my first thought. Home run on the mix for me - sound great on my Sony MDR-7506 cans - what a terrific song and such creative lyrics; you should be very proud of that. Top work. Andy

• Like 1

Mix is very good
Really like the off-the-wall humor
Love the guitar accomp
The world needs more upbeat songs like this
Great job!

• Like 1

Yeah , liked this very much mix, was more than fine , really my kind of thing  loved the slow down breaks well produced cheers

• Like 1

No crits from me.
Made me think of solo Paul Simon.

👍's

tom

Welcome to the forum

Edited by DeeringAmps