Future Request - Ability to send Midi from one midi track to multiple instruments & effects

Enej Johhem

36 minutes ago, David Baay said:

I can't repro that. The input to the now-orphaned audio track for the deleted synth is set to None. The re-assignment of the MIDI output depends on how the remaining virtual outputs are ordered and where the now-missing output was in the list, but I;m not seeing that I/O assignments of other tracks are affected in any case.

As a rule, I would say deleting a synth without first re-assigning the tracks that use it is not a best practice. If you're going to re-use the tracks with another virtual instrument, you should using Replace Synth rather than Delete.

Well, I sure can repro it.  It's a BUG.   It's not the just the deleted synths that are effected.  ALL the synths in the project get reset. 

Annoying, but of course you can fix it once you know about it.  But I'm not going to argue about it any further.  I know what I have seen.

I'm not intending to be argumentive. I'm  just reporting that I can't immediately repro the problem with basic steps in the same project I used to check the MIDIChFilter workaround. In order for anything to get fixed, the Bakers will need a reproducible case.

Edited by David Baay