Sonar Professional and Dimension Pro

twelveax7

When I attempt to open any Sonar project that had Dimension Pro in it, I get the following message:

'The following plug-ins are referred to by this project but could not be found. They may be missing or improperly installed on your system.' There's some more text afterward followed by a box containing Dimension Pro(Synth Rack)

These errors started after I installed Sonar Professional on a new computer from the Cakewalk Download Center. After successfully installing Sonar, I then attempted to install Dimension Pro in it from the Sonar 8.5 DVD. I went this route because the Cakewalk Download Center does not have a link to download Dimension Pro. Sonar installed fine but Dimension Pro gave me errors about improper installation so I uninstalled it (Which included deleting the appropriate registry keys). Now any project I open that had Dimension Pro gets the above error. So my question is, how do I install Dimension Pro on this computer without having to upgrade to Sonar Platinum? Or, if this is not possible, how do I remove references to Dimension Pro in my projects to get around these errors?

You can't upgrade to Platinum, it technically doesn't exist anymore. but you can download and install Cakewalk By Bandlab for free. It's the continuation of Platinum. It won't have DP on it, but you should be able to install it and have it recognized without any trouble. all your old Sonar plugins will work.  Or the vast majority. I don't think the Groove Player will work. I have trouble with TTS-1, but I think it's something with my computer. DP and DP LE both work fine.

If you are new to the fact that Cakewalk was sold to Bandlab, who now offers it for free, why not try it out? Literally nothing to lose. and it continues to receive support and upgrades. Incredible but true.

3 hours ago, twelveax7 said:

These errors started after I installed Sonar Professional on a new computer from the Cakewalk Download Center. After successfully installing Sonar, I then attempted to install Dimension Pro in it from the Sonar 8.5 DVD. I went this route because the Cakewalk Download Center does not have a link to download Dimension Pro.

Did you log into your old Cakewalk account and look at "My Account"? You should have a copy of Dimension Pro there that you can download.

Thank you mdiemer and abacab for your quick response.

abacab, when I sign into my old Cakewalk account and go to Support then Download Products I can see Dimension Pro there as something that I have purchased. But when I click on the Dimension Pro link I only get choices to download updates to Dimension Pro, not the full version. That is why I chose to  re-install it from DVD.

mdiemer, you are right, BandLab's version of Cakewalk installed without a hitch and it behaves exactly like Sonar X3. Unfortunately that includes the errors that prompted me to start this post in the first place and a couple of other errors now. (Multi sample not found Rain.sfz and Thunder One Shots.sfz). All of these  errors only require that I OK them and the project loads fine afterward, it just takes a long time for them to load which is annoying to me. Next I decided to follow your suggestion and install Dimension Pro from DVD thinking that maybe that would help to get around the errors, but it didn't. However, Dimension Pro works fine now once I OK the errors, so that's progress. Now I just got to figure out how to remove references to Dimension Pro(Synth Rack) and also Rapture (Synth Rack)in my Cakewalk projects.

You may want to perform a full install of SONAR 8.5, reinstall Professional, upgrade DP to v1.5 and Rapture to v1.22 then re-install CbB

7 minutes ago, twelveax7 said:

Multi sample not found Rain.sfz and Thunder One Shots.sfz

These are from the Hollywood Edge FX.

The Hollywood Edge FX and a couple of other libraries are on the SONAR Producer 8.5 Additional Content disk.

Hey scook, all that seemed a little too time consuming for me so instead I just installed the SONAR Producer 8.5 Additional Content disk and that fixed the .sfz errors when I opened up the project where I was getting the errors. The list of errors grows shorter. Thanks again!