Sonar Professional Latency Issue

bobc971

Question

Had a new problem show up this weekend and I'm at a loss. Hoping for some input from good folks here.

I recorded an audio track (bass). When I went to record some keyboards with a virtual synth, I had about one-second worth of latency. 

When I removed the audio track temporarily, I had no latency issue with the virtual synth at all. Worked as it always does.

When I put the audio track back, the latency on the virtual synth returned as well.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be. Never had this occur before. Any thoughts appreciated.

Bob C.

5 answers to this question

While still recording, you don't want to use linear phase plug-ins with a look ahead buffer enabled anywhere in your project.

Linear phase is designed for the mixing/mastering phase of a project. Linear phase deliberately induces latency. That is the way it works, because it needs to buffer in order to look ahead.

In Cakewalk LPEQ for example, you can disable the LP mode and use it as a regular EQ, but in other similar plug-ins you probably should disable or remove them until ready to mix.