c0000005 Fatal error

Bob Beals

Question

I closed a project that was working perfectly well  and this occurred.  I'm kinda freaking out.  Is there any way to get around it.  I tried reinstalling all my waves plugins (that looks like what the problem is) but no luck.  It gets all the way to where it says "Preparing Project" and that's when it pops up.  Any help??  The other threads don't seem to offer any answers.

Cakewalk problem.PNG

4 answers to this question

it could be something in the VST interface on the Waves shell just go caught in the right moment to bomb something in memory. maybe turn off the Wave plugins and rescan the VST and try to load the project then. if it's the Waves plugins, it should allow the project to load since they won't be active. maybe reach out to the CwB support team via a support request and provide them with the dump file?

20 hours ago, fossile said:

it could be something in the VST interface on the Waves shell just go caught in the right moment to bomb something in memory. maybe turn off the Wave plugins and rescan the VST and try to load the project then. if it's the Waves plugins, it should allow the project to load since they won't be active. maybe reach out to the CwB support team via a support request and provide them with the dump file?

Thank you !  I'll give it a try!

1 hour ago, scook said:

Safe mode opens a project with the option to skip plug-ins.

To invoke safe mode, hold down the SHIFT key while opening the project.

I opened it in safe mode and didn't open the waves plugins that I thought might be a problem and it worked!!!!  Thanks!!!