New sound sets for Roland Zenology (not a deal)

Vernon Barnes

I have the core level subscription of Roland Cloud and there were four new sound sets in my Roland Cloud Manager today

• Last Dance
  • Ambient Pads
  • Ancient Discovery
  • Analog Bass

However the cloud manager seems a little flaky today and I have not been able to install them yet. The cloud manager seems to be the weakest part.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up Vernon. 

I find with Cloud Manager that it always fails to download anything on first attempt with a network error. However if I ignore that a try again it usually works fine. Haven't tried it yet today though. 

One thing that has me slightly confused is the Juno 106 from the "legendary" collection is unlocked.  I don't think this is the Zenology model expansion, its the full blow VSTi. I installed it and I am liking it a lot but is this part of core or is it a short term "demo" like the 808?  For the life of me I can't find anything to clarify the matter. I don't want to get too attached to it if its going to disappear at the end of the month.

Yes I noticed that with the Juno 106 and it does sound fantastic!

The Cloud memberships comparison page doesn't show any change in what's included for Core membership so I think it will go back to locked on 31st August just like the 808. I am also trying not to listen to it too much :) Then again there are a few nice sounding Juno 106 patches in the Zenology Preset Legends bank albeit without the nice Juno UI.

The 4 new banks have some pretty good sounding patches in them by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

From September 1st to September 15th you can test drive the JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, JX-3P, and SH-2 as well as all of the Brothertiger patch collections for free with a Roland Account.

The Jupiter 8 does sound very nice indeed. 

Also some more Zenology patches: 

- Selected IDM Works

- Movement Pack