Map CC64 to VST plugin control? SOLVED

Colin Nicholls

Okay, I give up. I would have loved to have figured this out and then written it up here for all to admire; but alas I can't. So the next step is to see if anyone else has done it:

Is it possible to take the CC64 (i.e. the Sustain pedal) or any other expression controller, and direct it to control something in a VST effect?

I would dearly love to use a sustain pedal to enable the freeze function on my Reverb VST (which it turn is sitting in the FX bin of my e-piano VSTi.)

It probably needs some kind of real-time MIDI mapping or controller conversion... or even MIDI patch points which we don't have in Cakewalk (yet). Or maybe it just isn't possible.

Any advice?

More information:

The use-case here is that I have NI RAUM sitting after my Pianoteq instance, and I'm playing chords and pressing the sustain pedal. I get a really nice effect if I then (post performance) add an automation lane for Raum1:Freeze and manually duplicate the Pedal Down/Up control changes. I figure it would be brilliant to capture this real-time and not need this manual duplication...

Edited by Colin Nicholls

3 hours ago, scook said:

Use remote control to automate the parameter (right-click near the fader in the automation lane) and, if necessary, the Event Filter MFX in the MIDI FX Rack to block the CC64 data from going to the synth.

Thanks @scook, I'll follow your advice and give this a shot.

YOU FREAKIN' GENIUS IT WORKS BRILLIANTLY

Edited by Colin Nicholls