No other audio

Trephis

Question

Hi, 

I am new to this software and encountered an error. While using cakewalk I cant play audio from any other app. It gives errors like "audio renderer error, restart computer" and "another app is controlling the audio...." please help me to understand what is this and how to overcome this

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Trephis said:

Hi, 

I am new to this software and encountered an error. While using cakewalk I cant play audio from any other app. It gives errors like "audio renderer error, restart computer" and "another app is controlling the audio...." please help me to understand what is this and how to overcome this

First of all, what driver mode are you using in Cakewalk?

This is in preferences | Audio | Play back and recording.      ASIO is preferred if using a dedicated Audio interface

If you are using your onboard sound for you Audio in Cakewalk, then the driver mode will probably be set to "WASAPI Exclusive"  or "WASAPI Shared".  I suspect "shared" might be what you're after (I use ASIO so I do not use WASAPI mode)

The setting you should be heading to is in the same area (preferences | Audio | Play back and recording) and then deselect "Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not in Focus"