No sound coming from Track 1 when trying to record Track 2

Christopher Langdown

Question

Hello,

I'm brand new to Cakewalk, so please forgive me if this seems a dumb question.  I've worked out how to record a track using "Addictive Keys" VST (via my Midi keyboard).  I have successfully recorded a track which I can also playback fine.  However, I now want to add a second track on top.  I followed the same procedure as a I did before and I can see the empty track is ready and waiting to be used.  However, when I press the record button, I cannot hear the first track I recorded.  I need to be able to hear this so I can play track 2 in time with track 1.

Any advice as to how I can get track 1 to play whilst recording would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

2 answers to this question

Is track 2 a simple instrument track like track 1? Is it the same VSTi (Addictive Keys) or something else?

Are you arming the 2nd track to record? Have you un-armed the 1st track? If you still have the 1st track armed for recording then it could be muted depending on the record setting as shown below. Make sure that the 1st track's record button is not highlighted or turn the "Recording Mode" to "Sound on Sound"

image.png.2c3f50cdba9ce7f9ae254f697a511eef.png