Izotope Neutron 3 Dynamic EQ Sidechain [Solved]

Bill Phillips

Question

This probably is a problem to refer to Izotope but wanted to check here first to be sure that it's not a Cakewalk related problem. The GIF below shows a vocal track Neutron EQ plugin (left) and acoustic guitar EQ plugin (right). I mouse through the EQ curve selections for each plugin and the masking meter dropdown for the guitar EQ. I have a dynamic EQ set up in the Guitar EQ for Band 3 that is sidechained to Band 3 for the vocal. Once the music starts, it's clear that the dynamic EQ is not responding. Is there something I need to do in Cakewalk 2020.05 to make this work? Any suggestions.

http://i.imgur.com/VNCctKm.gifv

Not sure what's going on with the GIF. Clicking the link opens it in a separat imgur tab but doesn't show up in the forum post. Maybe it's too big.

Edited by Bill Phillips
Fix GIF, Explain problem with GIF, Solved

2 answers to this question

The reason the gif is not embedded in the post is because the link points to the imgur page hosting the image.

To embed an image/video requires linking to the image/video itself and not the page hosting the image.

The url reported for the video is https://i.imgur.com/DZSfFaf.mp4

I describe how to embed an image in detail here

I upload png and animated gifs to imgur. Never uploaded an mp4 to imgur.

WRT sidechain, I do not have Neutron so cannot test. Sidechaning in CbB works the same for all plug-ins that have a sidechain input. A send to the plug-in needs to be created on the track transmitting data to the sidechain input.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:15 PM, scook said:

The reason the gif is not embedded in the post is because the link points to the imgur page hosting the image.

I don't know why that's happening. I think I followed the steps in you described in the 2020.05 Early Access 1 topic. I uploaded a GIF. However I've now noticed that BBCode option was missing for that GIF so I used the Linked BBCode option which probably converted my GIF to a mp4. Looking back I noticed that GIF is over 50 MB which may be to big to embed in the forum post so it was converted to mp4 and the BBCode option was removed.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:15 PM, scook said:

WRT sidechain, I do not have Neutron so cannot test. Sidechaning in CbB works the same for all plug-ins that have a sidechain input. A send to the plug-in needs to be created on the track transmitting data to the sidechain input.

Thanks for getting my wheels back on the ground here. I'd gotten confused by the new "Inverse Link" feature in Neutron 3. A little more time reading Neutron 3 help documentation and watching videos cleared that up. Neutron 3's dynamic EQ sidechain input requires a send from another track like all other sidechain inputs.