VST parameters list for automation often exceed the windows height

Franco Sonaglia

Question

OK, OK now someone will quickly suggest me to create the lane "recording with WRITE active" ... but this is a sort of (uncomfortable) workaround for something that does not work fine ... isn't it?  (see attached image)

I just wanted turn on the "Feedback" button of my echo ... 
that is listed at the end of all hundreds of MIDI CC ...in between. 

It is not a rare problem, in fact .. .expanding my analisys only to the few plugins of my vocal track ... the half of the plugins used have this issua of list exceeding the windows height
(see attachments)

Witha simple dialog-box with a listbox inside the problem would be easily solved ... in fact the listbox would have its own scrollbar and it would be fast to jump at the end of the list 

C2D1F2420E70E0F.png

F13172420E701201.png

2 answers to this question

Here are a couple of alternatives to using the automation parameter menu.

Using the plug-in UI - enable write automation, start the transport and manipulate the plug-in control to automate, stop the transport and clean up the unneeded notes.

s4O47CG.gif

Using Assign Envelope - create an automation envelope for the first available parameter. It does not even have to be related to the plug-in. It could be volume or pan. Then right click on the envelope line and select Assign Envelope from the context menu. Select the plug-in and use the dialog to pick the value to automate. Even a long list of parameters is easier to scroll though in this dialog.

k4UmZmd.gif

• Thanks 1