Blue Waltz

David Baay

Not sure when the Bandlab website is going to get its act together, and actually make this playable, but I got tired of waiting.

Just a little something I've been fooling around with today. Piano and sax in the mold of other things I've been doing lately.

Enjoy... if you can (the waveform in the embed looks goofy because it hasn't finished processing the upload):

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 2

- David. Glad you liked it. I try to resist posting raw stuff like this, but this one really 'wanted out', so I did a little copy-pasting, added a fade and called it good for now. ;^).

- Tom, thanks for the listen. The piano is the 'Clear Studio' patch on my Roland RD-700NX with a little PSP PianoVerb to give a little extra depth and movement in addition to the main reverb on the whole mix. I just recently got this, and like the sound of it in small doses.

I have several ongoing issues with the Bandlab upload process. The first is that publishing from CbB usually does not work. The mix gets rendered, and the upload is reported successful, but it just ever shows up in my 'Library' to be published. So I've taken to just uploading with Bandlab Assistant. but sometimes it never finishes doing whatever re-sampling and file-linking it does under the covers after initial upload, which is what happened to this one. I solved it by opening it in the Bandlab mixer, and re-saving it as a new version. The other issue I have is that it's difficult to get a new mix/version to replace the existing one.

I like the concept of having file sharing and collaboration integrated into Cakewalk, but the implementation is quite wonky. I gather the Bandlab web development 'team' (I hope there's more than one...?) continues to be separate from the 'Bakers', and not really focused on continuing to improve the integration.

P.S. On listening to this from the link just now to hear it on my laptop, the sax felt draggy, and the reverb is a little overdone on the piano. I checked the project and found some related tweaks got lost in translation. Will have to re-post when I get a chance.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1