Using Buses

bayoubill

I recently watched a video by Creative Sauce where he used sends aux buses for effects etc for different instrumentation. I usually use one master bus and send all to it. I've been playing around with this on my backing tracks and I'm amazed at the quality of the sound. 

Tweaking the basic signal within a track. Creating a bus for EQ a bus for reverb , a bus for delay etc can really beef up an arrangement and I've learned so much recently. Certainly better than my previous record a bass part record a drum part the rhythm instruments then lead vocal solo parts. Hit record and that part is done. Then make sure nothing peaks and export. That's the way I've always done it. If I ever get the energy and time my next song will use all the things I have learned

• Great Idea 1

Amazing what you can do with computers nowadays :D

When I was doing a few simple arrangements for Church I would route the strings, woodwinds, brass etc...  separately  to buses too and work on them as a group.  I have to try the aux route now if I ever get back to helping out again.    Just not enough for music these days.