Save As - audio to project folder

Wayne Bangert

Question

After doing some research on these blogs I see that the audio to project folder has been an on going issue. I would hope that bandlab would fix this problem and not worry about adding new and advanced features. This problem is an big issue for many of the sonar users.

9 answers to this question

"Save As" works the same as the later versions of SONAR Platinum. Here is a video using CbB 2020.01 showing project "sat" being saved as "satnumber 2." The video shows the following:

• Starting with project "sat" notice the location of the project and audio files.
    • "D:\Cakewalk Projects\sat"  contains the project
    • "D:\Cakewalk Projects\sat\Audio" contains the audio
  • Click "Save As"
  • Navigate up one folder at the top of the "Save As" dialog in order to save the new project in "D:\Cakewalk Projects"
  • Enter the new project name and notice the paths at the bottom of the "Save As" dialog and "Copy all audio with project" is enabled.
  • Click "Save"
  • Closing then reopening the new project and verifying the location of the project and audio files.
    • "D:\Cakewalk Projects\satnumber 2" contains the project
    • "D:\Cakewalk Projects\satnumber 2\Audio" contains the audio

g0fo4Dn.gif

SCOOK,

Thanks for the response. What you are showing me in the video is what the older version of sonar did, The new bandlab version does not show the the bottom window that allow you to direct the save as to the desired folder.  Is this a bug? Have anyone else ran into this?

I big thanks to you. If you open a sonar file from within the song list you do not get access to the save as features that allow you to save to the projecyt folder. BUTT... if you open the file outside og the song list you have access to the save as function to tyhe project folder. Yea!

Here is why I believe this is not by design.

After loading a project from the playlist.

• Open the "Save As" dialog from the main menu.
  • Notice how the dialog is abbreviated. It looks like the "Save As" dialog called from the Playlist except for how the drop downs are populated. Close the "Save As" dialog.
  • Close the playlist.
  • Now open the "Save As" dialog again.