VIP will not load after update

musicguy227

Hey folks, VIP will not load into Version 2020.1 (Build24, 64bit) It is working in my other DAWs . I checked the VST scans and it is in the list, just fails to load with the message;  The following plug-ins are referred to by this project, but could not be found. Any ideas?

THANKS!

VIP 3.1.1 only appears as a VST2 on my system. I can load (insert) it  into CbB 2020.1 without issues.

Also used the new Cakewalk "insert with instrument track per output" feature successfully.

I would double check the VST scan paths in Cakewalk, and maybe try a reset in VST settings.

1 hour ago, musicguy227 said:

Thanks, I will check on this tonight.

And also try creating a new project to test VIP with.

If VIP inserts OK for you in a new project, but still fails to open in an existing project that contains an instance of VIP, you probably should contact support. That would indicate that the plugin is probably installed correctly on your system [as you previously mentioned it working in other DAWs], but now for some reason the old Cakewalk project may be having difficulty recognizing it.

support@cakewalk.com

Edited by abacab

On 1/31/2020 at 7:18 PM, musicguy227 said:

Yeah! I am back with VIP. Thanks for the assist.

Can you please explain what it was that fixed your issues with this?  (maybe I missed you posting it earlier).  That way, whatever fixed it for your system, might help someone else out, in the future - should they too have your issue with it.

Thanks,  :)

Bob Bone

• Like 1