Where is the new Cakewalk Sonar?

I don't want a beta, and I don't want to sign up for other websites. I just want a page fully dedicated to subscribing to or buying the new Sonar...

Please keep me informed.

Thx 🌞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RexRed said:

I don't want a beta, and I don't want to sign up for other websites. I just want a page fully dedicated to subscribing to or buying the new Sonar...

Please keep me informed.

Thx 🌞

Uh, do you know you can have it right now through Backstage Pass by joining Bandlab for $15.00 USD per month?  It's an early access release which you can use fully until the prices for the perpetual licenses are established.  There are other perks in the Bandlab membership as well.  Just letting you know.  I've had it since April.

😀John B

• Like 1

I'm tired of waiting, too. But can imagine an alternate universe where the software came out months ago with many, many problems... that we would fill this forum identifying and discussing? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don’t get it. The new Sonar is here and people are using it. Are some people thinking there is something different coming?

It’s already released. I guess they could have a bunch of features turned off that they will turn on with some celebrated release.

The new Sonar is here! It already is.

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The download for Sonar by CakeWalk (SbC) is at the bottom of this page.

SbC
see pic below

downloadSbC.jpg.dbf1bd26dc3a3c2da215c6e8dc654698.jpg

HTH,

t

Now I understand that @RexRed you are probably lamenting the fact that Sonar by CakeWalk has
not had a "Grand Launch", well that's not happening yet; for whatever reason.
BUT SbC  is no longer in BETA, this is the program as it sits right now, available via BandLab's Backstage Pass.
It will update periodically as CbB always has...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Sonar by CakeWalk

1 hour ago, pwal³ said:

"bandlab sonar" surely?

Per the website it's Cakewalk Sonar: https://www.cakewalk.com/sonar

Since the mixed case "Sonar" distinguishes it from 'old' SONAR and Cakewalk is back to being a subsidiary company of Bandlab rather than a product of Bandlab, I'm lobbying to just call it Sonar on the forum.

• Like 8
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, David Baay said:

, I'm lobbying to just call it Sonar on the forum.

Plus1!  It’s a short name so doesn’t need abbreviation. 
If someone posts right now asking “How do I do such and such in Sonar “ it’s pretty likely we know what version they are talking about.  

If some reclusive hold out is asking about Sonar x3 I’m sure they would have that stated  in the question. 

As I make new tutorials I’m pretty much always saying Sonar.  I uninstalled CbB a few weeks ago. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I uninstalled CbB a few weeks ago. 

FWIW, I always keep old versions around so I can tell whether something that's not currently working/appearing as expected is a regression.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

I am leery about uninstalling CbB - it has all the stuff that Cakewalk included throughout its history.  Surely some of that is now missing in the new version.  (I know, Don't call me Shirley).

I'm fairly sure CbB didn't include ANY of the old legacy products from Sonar & prior. 

All I have on my laptop is CbB & thr new Sonar, so no Dim Pro, no Rapture, none of the old bundled Fx, nothing.

• Like 1

When I first installed CbB, it kept all of my old Sonar stuff offered over the years.  I can't remember for sure whether it was stuff that Cakewalk made available on their site or whether it was kept during install of CbB, but I still have everything.  Every update of my main computer throughout the CbB period kept all of the extras.  That's why I am worried about installing the new stuff.

• Like 1

Ok it seems that Sonar is definitively out, but don't you think it's strange (besides the graphics which don't seem definitive, it's my opinion) that there isn't even a Staff post in the Forum, at least in the News & Announcements,perhaps Noel Borthwick, one of the most important members in the history of Sonar for this new and important step for the company?
Its just my curiosity.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

BUT SbC  is no longer in BETA, this is the program as it sits right now, available via BandLab's Backstage Pass.

That is only half true, and one of the reasons why there is some confusion. A bunch of users are still participating in the official BETA program, which is ongoing . The BETA version is a build or two ahead of the Backstage Pass version, and the BETA testers are not allowed to mention anything that is not yet in the Backstage Pass version in any thread other than the official private BETA thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

What happened to me was Sonar was randomly crashing. So I reported and sent in the crash dumps.
The reply I got was that I needed to do a clean install and the instructions were for Cakewalk, not Sonar. 
But I decided I might as well nuke the whole works. I have no use for CbB if I’m using Sonar so I didn’t bother installing it. 

And every time Sonar updates it installs a Sonar Platinum icon. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 5:14 PM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

I'm fairly sure CbB didn't include ANY of the old legacy products from Sonar & prior. 

All I have on my laptop is CbB & thr new Sonar, so no Dim Pro, no Rapture, none of the old bundled Fx, nothing.

I have all of the old stuff and I have the latest collectors edition of NI and nearly every other synth and sound pack in the world and I still use Dimension Pro in nearly every song.

I had to install all of my old versions of Cakewalk a while back to get the old synths, Rapture and Dimension and effects etc..

I have not had Cakewalk crash on me yet.

And I love the new graphics! So much easier on my eyes, once they adjusted to the new look.

My eyes do not need to work as hard and it is better just getting all of the graphics glut out of the stream.

Kudos to the graphics team!

I am not there for the graphics anyway, but for the music alone.

3 hours ago, RexRed said:

I have all of the old stuff and I have the latest collectors edition of NI and nearly every other synth and sound pack in the world and I still use Dimension Pro in nearly every song.

I had to install all of my old versions of Cakewalk a while back to get the old synths, Rapture and Dimension and effects etc..

I have not had Cakewalk crash on me yet.

And I love the new graphics! So much easier on my eyes, once they adjusted to the new look.

My eyes do not need to work as hard and it is better just getting all of the graphics glut out of the stream.

Kudos to the graphics team!

I am not there for the graphics anyway, but for the music alone.

Maybe I need to clarify my earlier post. On my main studio rig I still have all of the vsti's and Fx that were originally bundled with  SONAR

But if you just install CbB on a machine that has never had SONAR installed, you will get only a very small subset of the content.

Sonitus, Channel Tools, Boost 11, some of the old Dx plugins and that's it

• Like 2