SONiVOX Film Score Companion $19.99 @Pluginboutique

Starship Krupa

I have all 3 of the Strings, Woodwind, and Brass, and they are fine tools indeed if you just want some good-sounding orchestrals at rock-bottom prices. Can't speak for the sampled Steinway or the cinematic percussion instruments, but if the quality of the samples is up to their usual standards, getting all these for $4 each will be a killer deal.

I'd hit it for sure if I were doing scoring.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/1856-Film-Score-Companion

The Strings Library has a bad key range.  It is missing notes in higher octaves.  Probably some lower notes, as well, but I didn't check those.

I did run some MIDI files through it, and there were a lot of missing high notes in the Violins - very noticeable.  I don't even consider that Companion  usable for sketching.

On the flip side, the Brass and Woodwinds are pretty decent, and have solo instruments with multiple articulations.

Their Eighty Eight Piano is pretty damn good.  One could justify paying for this price even if they were only going to use the Piano...  It's quite a bit better than something like AIR Mini Grand or Acoustica Pianissimo.

• Like 1