Bitbridge.

Ben Anoniem

It won't happen.  If memory serves, Bitbridge was developed externally, and purchased by the original Cakewalk folks.  My memory is pretty foggy on that, so apologies if I got that wrong.

J-Bridge is something like $20 to buy, and for those who wish to continue to use 32-bit plugins, where those plugins do not properly function using Bitbridge, then the 2 remaining choices would be to either purchase J-Bridge (and not all will work there either), or seek out replacement plugins that are 64-bit, and just leave the 32-bit plugins with issues behind.....Actually, one other option would be to maintain a 32-bit installation of Sonar (Cakewalk by Bandlab is only 64-bit), and do the work needing 32-bit plugins in the 32-bit Sonar, and either finish those projects in that manner, or port the finished tracks back over into a 64-bit Sonar or Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Most folks have either entirely done away with using 32-bit plugins, or keep a very very small number of them, where they work with Bitbridge or J-Bridge.

Bob Bone

I do not remember enough about the integration of Bitbridge into Sonar, to be able to discuss - perhaps purchase was not correct - perhaps license would be better, I do not know.  In any case, in my opinion, Bitbridge will not see any further development, because regardless of its place in the world in terms of whether or not they COULD develop it further, the entire industry has moved to using 64-bit plugins, so there is no business incentive to further the use of 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit world.

So - J-Bridge is more robust, and runs about $20, last I knew, so that would seem the best chance of obtaining something that might allow the continued use of a 32-bit plugin that struggles to work under Bitbridge.

Bob Bone