Andy Carter

Andrew Carter

Question

I have been trying to record on Cakewalk by Bandlab for months with no success to date. When I click on Cakewalk a message comes up saying. 

"There are no audio devices for the current driver model on you system. Go to EDIT/PREFERENCES/AUDIO PLAYBACK AND RECORDING and choose a different driver mode"

When I do this I find that WASAPI Shared is selected. I click on the + sign to form my track on which I want to record my voice. The "add track" pain appears and I select Audio but the Input says NONE.  I arm the track and press record but nothing happens.   I am using my Behringer X2222 USB mixer as an interface. Please help if you can.  

3 answers to this question

You sound like you need to sort out the basics. And my guess is that mixer didn’t come with an ASIO audio driver which is the reason why nothing is going well. 

It might not even work with WASAPI modes as not all devices support that. 
So Behringer for interfaces that didn’t come with ASIO drivers they offer Asio4all which is known to not work with Cakewalk. 
This is why it is not recommended to purchase those interfaces.
They work great with Max OS , not PC. 
This is an overview of 2x2 interfaces 

https://youtu.be/YcDGKuBJ2VI?si=gjiDpxCoJTyHxyvx

This is my older video about audio set up

https://youtu.be/opDwsC4_llg?si=zN74UhJUQCVtzik6

2 hours ago, Andrew Carter said:

I have been trying to record on Cakewalk by Bandlab for months with no success to date. When I click on Cakewalk a message comes up saying. 

"There are no audio devices for the current driver model on you system. Go to EDIT/PREFERENCES/AUDIO PLAYBACK AND RECORDING and choose a different driver mode"

When I do this I find that WASAPI Shared is selected. I click on the + sign to form my track on which I want to record my voice. The "add track" pain appears and I select Audio but the Input says NONE.  I arm the track and press record but nothing happens.   I am using my Behringer X2222 USB mixer as an interface. Please help if you can.  

You also have to select the input in each track, not just in Preferences.
Welcome to the forum.

9 hours ago, Andrew Carter said:

When I do this I find that WASAPI Shared is selected

If you want to keep using your Behringer mixer as an interface, I'd suggest trying WASAPI Exclusive.

It looks like the only step you're missing is that you need to choose an input on the track itself, before you arm for recording.

The issue with the Behringer mixer is that while it's good at being a mixer, it's not great at being an audio interface due to the lack of a true ASIO driver.

2-input interfaces with ASIO drivers may be had for as little as $70 new, much less to get a used one on Craig's List.