How to Record Audio From Computer Without Feedback?

alan933

Question

I am trying to record audio from a computer webpage and the audio track inputs show "1" and "2" which refer to my focusrite midi interface.

I have the output of the midi interface going into a channel on the mixer.

The output of the mixer then goes into input "1" on focusrite.

This creates a loop so if i turn up the audio from the midi interface it creates a feedback loop from computer to mixer , from mixer to computer.

How do i do this?

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

@alan933   Focusrite "Audio" ( not Midi) interfaces have a Loopback feature. If you had taken the time to read the user's manual or watch the tutorials from the Focusrite web site you would have seen it is super easy to use the Loopback channels as the input to your Audio track in the DAW and record anything you are hearing live from Windows.  

that loop back feature is only on gen 3 and up. I have gen 2. 

But thanks for scolding me for not reading my manual .

And you may want to answer without the condescending attitude in the future.

• Sad 1

Loopback is a real-time recording function (i.e., slow) and can also have feedback concerns depending on your setup. Depending where you are downloading from, 4K Video Downloader will download up to 30 files/day on the free version, and there is an option when pasting links to select the video/audio resolution you want (you can choose just the audio from a video if desired). Some links it will not parse properly for download, but it tends to do fine for major sites. The huge advantage of that application is that it is only constrained by your internet speed (even video files can download in seconds), and you simply copy a link, paste it into the app, and select what you want from it. I haven't used loopback for anything in the past several years because of that app.

Quick side note: I never installed the "+" version of the app, so not sure what the differences are with the original version (which still updates regularly).