"Allan's Resolve"

bats brew

On 4/27/2024 at 9:41 AM, jack c. said:

great tones.well done.jack c

hey thanks jack! appreciate it.

the tones on this one, were all mesa boogie captures thru a Palmer PDI-09 direct.

long before i got the strymon iridium.

• bats brew changed the title to "Allan's Resolve"

I love the harmonised lead and this kind of heavy sustain - I'm a Steve Hackett fan so this is right in my wheelhouse and is a great close to a fine body of work.

Fabulous playing.

Take a bow.

Andy

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 1:41 PM, AndyB01 said:

I love the harmonised lead and this kind of heavy sustain - I'm a Steve Hackett fan so this is right in my wheelhouse and is a great close to a fine body of work.

Fabulous playing.

Take a bow.

Andy

hi andy!

thanks so much for the comments

yes, heavy sustain. the mesa boogie mark IIb head, pushed with a Barber Direct Drive Super Sport was the chain for the solo tones.

steve hackett is a great player, i've always loved his early stuff, and used to have his Voyage of the Acolyte on vinyl.

interested player for sure!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 1:40 AM, PascalHP said:

I'm a fan of Joe satriani,

the sound reminds me a bit of Yes.

A nice tribute in any case.

hi pascal!

thanks for listening

yea, i like joe quite a bit, but would never claim him as an influence, i was already playing quite a long time before he even hit the scene.

i like his self entitled album 'joe satriani' probably the best of his whole catalog, with 'crystal planet' being my 2nd favorite.

i cannot hear any yes in any of this composition, but it's cool that it has that effect on you, pulling something out of the grey membranes that hits that memory just so.

and to be clear, i wrote this song about 6-7 years before Holdsworth died, so it was never intended to be a tribute in the 'classic' sense, it was really just about admiring his staying power against the onslaught of mediocrity that threatened his very artistry.

he stuck to his guns.

he had resolve.