export midi file

55 minutes ago, jack c. said:

sonar x1 i   hi-lited all midi info and saved as

Did you change file Type to MIDI in the Save As dialog? Type 'Normal' is a Cakewalk project file with a CWP extension that other apps won't recognize.

Edited by David Baay

19 hours ago, David Baay said:

Did you change file Type to MIDI in the Save As dialog? Type 'Normal' is a Cakewalk project file with a CWP extension that other apps won't recognize.

i 'm still working on project in x1 with kontakt .i have  an instrument on my windows 10 in the house i want to use midi data from x1  to sound that instrument in bandlab cakewalk kontakt then export new sound and bring it into x1 project.jack c

so the full picture is

in x1 kontakt i recorded audio and midi file i froze syn.

i did as you sejected but it won't come into kontakt in bandlab cakewalk.

in bandlab i tried to import into kontakt no go.i also inserted midi track no go.thanks for your time/help

2 hours ago, jack c. said:

i 'm still working on project in x1 with kontakt .i have  an instrument on my windows 10 in the house i want to use midi data from x1  to sound that instrument in bandlab cakewalk kontakt then export new sound and bring it into x1 project.

Not sure why this isn't working or what the error is, but why don't you just open the X1 project in CbB and finish it there? Even if you really want to stay in X1 for some reason, you can transfer it back after freezing the track in CbB. X1 will warn that the project is from a newer release, but shouldn't have any problem opening and re-saving it.

• Like 2