adding sustain to a midi piano part

10 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I would check what MIDI port your tracks are pointing to.

Press I to open the Inspector. If they are just MIDI tracks all the track and port information should be displayed. 

Also if at the top of the track view you can see the word Custom change that to All andbyour Workspaces to None, so much more information and functions will be revealed. 

Thanks, that sounds helpful, but...CW as usual throws me a googly. This has NEVER EVER happened before but when I press "i" for inspector all that happens is the cursor jumps forward or back. So I went to "view" " inspector" and the same things happen. Aaaagh! I love cakewalk but I also hate it when it does this.

1 hour ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Thanks, that sounds helpful, but...CW as usual throws me a googly. This has NEVER EVER happened before but when I press "i" for inspector all that happens is the cursor jumps forward or back. So I went to "view" " inspector" and the same things happen. Aaaagh! I love cakewalk but I also hate it when it does this.

As I said.

1. Make sure Workspaces is set to none, certain Workspaces have different keyboard shortcuts, and reduced control set and functionality. Personally I find that both irritating and annoying. 

2. Press P to open Preferences, click on, advanced at the bottom, scroll to the bottom and open the keyboard shortcuts window. Check in the global set that I is set to open the Inspector. 

3. Now the one everyone hates, download the reference guide, it has a plethora of useful information. Or you can do what I do, I have a desktop shortcut to the webpage this means I get the latest version. Such a resource should not be ignored. Most of the peeps here have learnt what they know by reading. For many of us it was the only way back between 1988 and 1992, even after 1992 we may have had access to the Internet but it was sllloooowwwwwwww, and a penny a minute. 

• Like 1

Yep workspaces set to 0.

I've checked the binding and it seems correct, ie press i and get inspector. So I didnt change any bindings it was correct.

However, today, this time it works!

Dont know why, but for sure I was doing something odd. wont be the first time. No amount of good programming can legislate for my daily ***** ups I'm afraid. Anyway I got there.

And yes I'll place a shortcut on my desktop for the manual thanks

• Like 1