New interface device is not recognized by Bandlab

Jeff Marzolla

Question

Hi Everyone, this is my first time on the Cakewalk forum. I’ve been using Cakewalk since ProAudio 9 (!) and have had very little issues.  I’m a previous Sonar Platinum user on Windows 10 and use the ASIO drivers as recommended.  I’ve been using Presonus Studiolive interface mixers (first the 16 channel, then the 24, and now the 32AI).  After switching to the 32, my DAW will not recognize it – it thinks I’m still using the 24. I’ve contacted Presonus and they verify that my computer knows it’s connected.  Cakewalk support agents told me to install Bandlab.  Even after doing so, Bandlab thinks I’m using the 24 (although it shows up as 48 - 24 left & 24 right).  The output Mains on my DAW show that I’m connected to the 32 mixer – the input section does not!  Does anyone have any ideas?  I’ve spent days and countless hours reading forums and watching videos (you may know the aggravation yourself…)  Thanks for any advice you may have.  Best of everything to all of you!

IMG_7140(1).jpg

IMG_7141(1).jpg

IMG_7142(1).jpg

3 answers to this question

I suspect the 32 channel / 24 channel interfaces use the same underlying driver, and Cakewalk thinks nothing has changed so doesn't bother querying it for more channels.

After closing Cakewalk, try deleting AUD.INI from %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core  - it will be recreated when you next start Cakewalk.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark and Byron.  I tried the AUD file along with some other tips.  Something worked since I'm back in business!  I hope I don't have to be on here again....          Best of everything for you guys!  Thanks, jeff