UAD Waterfall Speaker help

trying to figure out how to control the rotary toggle in real-time with a pedal or modulation. Sometimes the simplest things just don't compute in my brain. I want to use my Korg CX3 audio out into a stereo channel, yet be able to use midi implementation on the VST UAD Waterfall. How do you do that? I have my MODX connected via midi to facilitate this but how do you route the mod from that to the UAD Waterfall. Of course, if I use the mouse it works, but that is not an option. I want to be able to do it in real time. My Korg CX3 also has midi but I split the keyboard and don't think I can record channel 1 and 2 at the same time in Cakewalk.

Edit -just received this from the UAD forum.

"because the waterfall has to be loaded as a "midi controlled effect" audio gets into it via the "side chain input" of the plugin. you'll have to check in your daw how you do that. Select your organ audio track as the side chain input and mute the audio track so you don't hear both at the same time."

Any takers?

Edited by Michael Fogarty

Just set up a midi track in cakewalk and set the Korg to that channel. I usually just record the midi. It will contain the midi notes and the cc data. I haven’t don’t it with waterfall, but other B3 Emulations just use the mod wheel for Leslie off and on. 

Edited by Max Arwood
Added info

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Max Arwood said:

Just set up a midi track in cakewalk and set the Korg to that channel. I usually just record the midi. It will contain the midi notes and the cc data. I haven’t don’t it with waterfall, but other B3 Emulations just use the mod wheel for Leslie off and on. 

hi Max. That's not enough, sorry. I don't think you read clearly what the problem is. I need to know specifically what to do. Open a midi track and set the Korg to what channel? Where does the Waterfall go? I need a play-by-play.  I have never done this and can't see it in my minds eye.

The Korg is an analog audio instrument. I am using the midi from my MODX.

Edited by Michael Fogarty

I’m not sure. I would probably record the audio with the korg . Then I would insert the Leslie in the tracks FX bin. Then I would record the mod wheel moves for the Leslie off and on switch or just mouse them in.