"The Travel Song"

bats brew

I already responded to this song on your album thread, so I'll just paste what I wrote on it.😁

This paints an awesome sonic landscape. Love the sound of the acoustic and electric guitars. Your songs always have a nice swing to them, and this waltzing tempo is no exception. That little lead part around 3:40 sounded like Brian May himself was on the song! Vocals are great, and as usual for you, every instrument sits nicely in the pocket without stepping on any toes. A very enjoyable song Bats. Now I'm off to listen to High Time. Great job!

21 hours ago, Leadfoot said:

I already responded to this song on your album thread, so I'll just paste what I wrote on it.😁

This paints an awesome sonic landscape. Love the sound of the acoustic and electric guitars. Your songs always have a nice swing to them, and this waltzing tempo is no exception. That little lead part around 3:40 sounded like Brian May himself was on the song! Vocals are great, and as usual for you, every instrument sits nicely in the pocket without stepping on any toes. A very enjoyable song Bats. Now I'm off to listen to High Time. Great job!

THANKS SO MUCH, LEADFOOT!

yea, someone pm'd me and suggested posting this with it's own thread,

cuz folks had not looked at the original thread again, and missed the new song link.

yea, that little interlude there near the beginning of the last chorus,

it just needed something there to introduce the 'final' section.

i like the idea of nice melodies on top of gut punch rhythms. a nice blend of honey badger and honey. LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jack c. said:

huge wonderful song and harmony.jack c

alright jack! thanks for listening

the room sound on the drum track makes it kinda big,

and you know, i had more vocal harmonies than what you hear now, and i took half of them out on the final mix,

like, it was too much.

LOL