New to recording and cakewalk; can't seem to export midi

N. Wub

Question

Hi, i could really use some help here:

I've recorded a song using my guitar and the Rode A1-1. So far so good.
Then i used  the Hydrogen drum machine to make some midi drum beats and added them to cakewalk. Awesome.
Now i'm trying to export both audio and midi which doesnt seem to work since the midi files are not in the track at all.
Is there any way to convert the midi tracks without having midi device? Can i convert the tracks somehow to audio? I can't seem to selected a midi input, since I havent got one...  Freezing the track etc seems to be grayed out and not possible..

Really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Here's some screenshots as well:

afbeelding.thumb.png.b9162b72e34c571e7975745c5b44ae2c.png

2 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, N. Wub said:

I've recorded a song using my guitar and the Rode A1-1. So far so good.
Then i used  the Hydrogen drum machine to make some midi drum beats and added them to cakewalk. Awesome.
Now i'm trying to export both audio and midi which doesnt seem to work since the midi files are not in the track at all.
Is there any way to convert the midi tracks without having midi device? Can i convert the tracks somehow to audio? I can't seem to selected a midi input, since I havent got one...  Freezing the track etc seems to be grayed out and not possible..

Really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. 

Correct me if I am wrong, you have several audio tracks, a single midi track, and no instrument tracks.  Is that right?  

When you say you are trying to export both audio and midi, I am wondering why, what is the goal of doing an export?  

When you ask about converting midi tracks without having a midi device, I am wondering what you want to convert them to. Do you want to play them on a software synth so you can have audio? If so, I suggest either (1) using instrument tracks which combine both midi and audio in a single, hybrid  track or (2) using a soft synth and pointing the midi track to the soft synth.

I suspect that either one of those options will help achieve what you want.