Weird behaviour with sound

Infernion

Question

Upon booting Cakewalk, everything else goes silent, YouTube, any calls I might be on, any other form of audio playback stops working apart from cakewalk. As well as this, whenever I play anything in cakewalk there's a chance I get a sort of audio buffery noise, like its only playing the first tiny bit of the track over and over so it becomes this distorted drone, any suggestions on help?

4 answers to this question

Try a different driver mode and/or "enable Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk is Not in Focus." Both of these are on the same preferences page.

The audio distortion may be due a small audio I/O buffer setting. For ASIO driver mode, this is set in software supplied with the ASIO driver for all the other modes use the buffer size slider in the Mix Latency section in Preferences > Driver Settings.

12 hours ago, scook said:

Make sure Windows and CbB are set to the same sample rate

Just set them to the same sample rate and bit depth (48000 and 24 respectively) and no change, just found that the problem stops when I have the audio engine off. If I have a youtube video running when I turn it is turned on (either by me opening a project when booting up cakewalk or by clicking the button) the video gets the audio renderer error please restart computer error message

Change your drivers to MME.  Create a MME tutorials file, you would be able to play tutorials from youtube or practice songs from your streaming service.  I haven't trie cd's so I don't know if that would work or not.  Save it as a workspace for the purpose!  I also name my tracks that way, For the Purpose instead of the name of the instrument or the software company that developed it.   Check the MME drivers I have been able to work inside Cakewalk go back out and come back in multiple times.  I could not do that at all with ASIOfor All.  Infact it caused my Amazon Music Unlimited HD streaming service to die even when Cakewalk wasn't running it refused to work with those drivers.