No audio in playback

ST1

Question

I'm having the EXACT same issue as described in this old thread, and it's happened several times now:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/No-sound-in-playback-m3711112.aspx

It seems to happen when I open a song that is expecting to use my bluetooth earbuds for playback and I haven't connected them to the computer yet.

From that point on, it doesn't matter if I connect them and set the playback to earbuds, or set the playback to the computer speaker. There is zero playback audio for that song EVER again. I actually have to recreate the whole song from scratch which is crazy.

Every other song that doesn't have this issue continues to play just fine.

It really feels like a bug, unless someone knows how to resolve it...?

58 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

recommended but not required ffs, if bandlab want to get all the youth on board having a bunch of old men moaning when they ask a reasonable question won't help - come on!

If you want to call being truthful and realistic "moaning," that's your problem.

Edited by Byron Dickens

On 1/25/2024 at 7:54 AM, ST1 said:

It seems to happen when I open a song that is expecting to use my bluetooth earbuds for playback and I haven't connected them to the computer yet.

From that point on, it doesn't matter if I connect them and set the playback to earbuds, or set the playback to the computer speaker. There is zero playback audio for that song EVER again. I actually have to recreate the whole song from scratch which is crazy.

Every other song that doesn't have this issue continues to play just fine.

It really feels like a bug, unless someone knows how to resolve it...?

so try this: ALWAYS connect your bluetooth headset BEFORE opening this particular project 🙂 or create a new clean project as it seems like it's corrupted for some reason (based your comment that ALL OTHER projects WORK).

I doubt it's a "bug" since it's only the one project, and only when you don't connect your headset before opening it. to me, that says something is wrong in the project. 

6 hours ago, pwal³ said:

recommended but not required ffs, if bandlab want to get all the youth on board having a bunch of old men moaning when they ask a reasonable question won't help - come on!

Actually if you watch my videos I do not put down using on board audio. I just explain it’s limitations and that people need to be aware of them. 
There’s a whole new giant share of the “music”creating community that have zero musical ability and would be to lazy to learn. They are just fine with using the on board audio because they won’t be recording anything as audio.  ( Thank goodness) Welcome to the future of AI produced ( music??) 
But Cakewalk was originally designed with real musicians in mind, not “producers” . Other software like Abelton is designed for that use.
Cakewalk has  now introduced Next which is obviously designed from the ground up for non musicians.   It’s dead simple to use too.
Takes about 2 hours to figure it out and the manual is only 256 pages instead of Sonars 1,958 pages. As a musician I found it very lacking and even old Sonar Home Studio will blow it out of the water. 
So we Musicians will have Sonar. And the Producers will have Next.