Cakewalk behringer umc22

Jibankumar sh

Question

5 answers to this question

Try to return that interface it’s useless for anyone with a PC and Cakewalk.
the 2 lowest price Behringers and then 2 made by Art do not have ASIO driver. They are only for use with Apple computers.
There are lots of 2x2 interfaces that are in the same price range that do have ASIO drivers and will work with Cakewalk. 
Watch this video 

Edited by John Vere

On 1/14/2024 at 8:49 AM, John Vere said:

There are lots of 2x2 interfaces that are in the same price range that do have ASIO drivers and will work with Cakewalk.

My suggestion for people wanting to spend the least amount of cash on an interface is to check out M-Audio's bottom of the line offerings. Reputable manufacturer, full ASIO support. $50 for the M-Track Solo and $69 for the M-Track Duo.

• Like 1

Yes that’s definitely the least expensive interface on the market but- only 16 bit and RCA outs. You see the Presonus are about the same price are 24 bit & ASIO but with a warning about the pre amps which were rated the lowest in a test someone did. 

I would personally choose the Zoom AMS 24 in this price range . It has much better features, specs and drivers are 1st class 

It’s funny how people always recommend the Focusrite interfaces but they are actually lacking in features compared to others. For the same price as a 2i2 you can get the SSL 2 which has way more features as well as it was the top of the list for best pre amps. Motu M2 is also a better option. 

Below is my list which is priced low to hi.

Screenshot(316).thumb.png.b8b7ae6b02e5371dcfc29db35cc909cb.png

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Prices I listed came from Sweetwater and some things might have even been on sale. Example the Zoom AMS 24 is $150 here in Canada. 

The Steinberg UR 12 is very similar to the infamous Focusrite Solo as well as the not so famous Zoom AMS 24.  They all have Loopback which none of the others at the bottom price points have. So what you do is compare the other features and see what's better or missing. 

The Zoom has 2 combi jacks which makes it more versatile for both using 2 Mikes or recording stereo line level. It doesn't have a dedicated Headphone level or a blend/mix control but it does have 2 headphone jacks. And it has different power supply options for remote recording. It's also super portable, solid and cool looking.  It's pre amp specs look better for what it's worth. 

The Steinberg  UR 12 has only an XLR Mike and a 1/4" input so not very versatile for connecting different gear.  It also doesn't have any controls for headphones or Blending computer playback with input.  The pre amp specs are just barley over the 100 mark, not great. 

The Focusrite Solo at least has 1 Combi jack so tiny bit more versatile than the UR 12. But it's the only one with a headphone level. It's pre amp specs are mediocre too. 

Because Loopback is important to me if I wanted a cheap simple 2x2 interface the Zoom seems the best pick. 

If I wasn't worried about 16 Bit or Loopback then the M Audio Duo would be my pick. It's even got a headphone level and balanced outputs. The pre amps seem about the same as Focusrite.