Glitches when exporting audio

Adam

Question

Hi there,

I'm a pro user of Cakewalk (have been using it in its various versions for 15+ years) and am having an issue I've never had before.  I'm hearing audio glitches in exported audio; for example, just a sample length of white noise that seem to pop up at random points (sometimes several times; try bouncing again, they're in different spots and sometimes less often). I'm also getting some audio glitches where it sounds like an audio timing issue, like a bad edit, for a momentary second. These sessions are part of an album for a band and it's been quite embarrassing dealing with comments regarding output errors I haven't picked up (never had to before!).   The sessions that have outputed audio glitches always have a mixture of midi and audio files in them.  I'm currently freezing the midi and will freeze all the tracks with virtual amps, but, to be clear, I have a very powerful studio PC that has no issues with CPU (and the CPU meters are not spiking).  Sometimes I occasionally get a glitch in playback in cakewalk which isn't a big deal, but, when I'm getting them in exports, it's a really bad problem, as, both myself and my clients begin losing faith in the DAW, and, become paranoid with every track that is exported as having potential export glitches!  I know this is pretty random, and, not sure how to better identify the problem. Any advice would be appreciated!  Oh, also, running at the lowest buffer size when exporting mixes. 

regards,

Adam

4 answers to this question