Melda Production End Of Year Sale

cclarry

1 hour ago, Kal S said:

Am also wondering if buying any of the $9 guitar plugins (MAmp and MDistortionMB) will lead to lower upgrade price to the MTurboAmp.

Not sure.  

But maybe not, since on the MAmp and MDistortionMB pages on the Melda site there is no mention of an upgrade path, whereas for something that *can* be upgraded, for example MDynamicEQ (to MAutoDynamicEQ), it explicitly says so at the top of the page.  

Out of curiosity I just tried MAmp, but by the sounds of things you have plenty of other stuff to mean that MAmp would just be a waste, even of $9.  It's not very deep.  MTurboAmp is a whole other thing.  

Remember you can demo some/all of the Melda stuff for 15 days if you've never tried it. 

(edited, for further guitar-related ramblings:  I think a lot of the fun I was having was using MCabinet in conjunction with MTurboAmp.   The Cabinet "devices" are very "Melda", ha, by that I mean, there are custom GUI controls that are kinda like unique inventions, I suppose I could go behind the Edit button and find out what they are doing but it goes back to my original point that I find the Melda stuff inspires me to experiment.  I feel lost, but in a cool way.  It's fun.   And also, as MrFigg noted a few posts back, there is MGuitarArchitect that combines the two and adds potential for an MXXX-like playground if you happen to own some of the other Melda FX plugins.  I should confess, I'm spoiled, I have everything from Melda and so everything is fun for me... but as for looking at a separate purchase, I kinda feel like saying that you need to go all-in on it, (TurboAmp and Cabinet, or even GuitarArchitect) or don't bother at all.  Especially if you have loads of other stuff already.  Rant over!)

Edited by joeletters
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, joeletters said:

Out of curiosity I just tried MAmp, but by the sounds of things you have plenty of other stuff to mean that MAmp would just be a waste, even of $9.  It's not very deep.  MTurboAmp is a whole other thing.  

1 hour ago, joeletters said:

(TurboAmp and Cabinet, or even GuitarArchitect) or don't bother at all.  Especially if you have loads of other stuff already.  Rant over!

That helps me decide. Thank you. I guess I'll pass for now.

I don't think I want to spend another $99 on GuitarArchitect right away. 

But since the sale is on for another 11 days maybe I can revisit the purchase depending on how much money I have spent on other deals by then.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

It has been so long now that I cannot remember for sure, but didn't the demo "reset" annually so you can try things out once per year?

I can't find anything to support this notion now, but my memory was that they reset the demo period when a new "number" update is released? i.e. it's v16 now, so if you trialled v15 or below then you can use the trial again by downloading v16.  But I don't have a source for that!

I *think* I'm right in saying that you can demo Melda plugs in demo mode indefinitely, but after any 15-day "full trial", they output occasional noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1