Howto add my own Project Template to New Project File dialog box ?

Mike Davies

Hi,

The question is as title :

I have created my own .cwp file by opening the "Guitar Amps" project and changing a few things, then saving it as a template "MikeGuitarTemplate.cwp" into the directory Cakewalk is using to find Project Templates (in my case C:\Users\Mike\Music\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\Project Templates, see attached pix:).

My problem is that when I try to create a new project based on that template by starting Cakewalk and clicking "File\New" then I do not see my new Project Template in the templates list (see attached pic:).

Is there something I need to do to make my Project Template files show up in the New Projects dialog box ?   I know I can see the project in the "Recent Projects" pane of the Cakewalk Start Screen but that does not open it as a Project Template would be opened but instead as a project file so it asks for an "Audio" subdirectory to be created for the "MikeGuitarTemplate.cwp" file (see attached pic:) but that is not what is required.

Can anyone tell me how to add my own template file to the list of templates in the New Project dialog box ?

I am using Cakewalk Version 2022.11 (build 021, 64 bit) on Windows 10

Thanks,

Mike

file_locs.jpg

temprob1.jpg

new_proj_dlg.jpg

recent_proj.jpg

create_audio_dir.jpg

a template has the extension ".cwt" - and if you want to embed an image in the notes section, simply rename the file to "mytemplate.cwt" otherwise, saving as a "template" type loses that for some reason.

also, i put my templates into the "core/project templates" and "common/project templates" folders just to  be sure.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you so much for that, I completely missed the file extension was wrong for the template I saved.  It seems to have picked it up OK from the  directory I saved it in so I'll leave it at that for now but if it disappears in future I'll try the directories you suggest.

Thanks again,

Mike