Pass words and win 11

Alan Tubbs

I just got a surface pro running windows 11.  My music computer and writing laptop are both win 10.  My tablet I’m web writing on now Is an iPad.  The surface however doesn’t want to accept passwords to get me into bandlab, cakewalk forums, gearslutz .  When I checked my Windows passwords listings not only were the passwords correct but there were multiple passwords for the same site.  I remember having problems with the two win machines.  I used one password for windows itself and another for my email.  Those kept getting switched - one would work with mail but not windows.  The next day it would be switched.

any ideas?  Does win 11 not work seamlessly with passwords?  Is it normal to have thee or four passwords under the internal listing?  I’m interested in any ideas.

thanks

@

For me most passwords are saved by Google Chrome. I don’t let it save sensitive stuff but for things like my plugins and Cakewalk it seems safe enough. Just today as I had to install a dozen or more paid for plug ins on brand new computer I first installed Chrome and my user name and passwords where all there for each web site and my accounts.
The serial numbers I keep in a document that’s also on the cloud so easy to find. 
But then my iPhone is a hassle because it doesn’t sync with Chrome, just Google itself.  I don’t do anything sensitive on my phone I don’t trust it. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1